NOTE: If this is a NEW INSTALLATION, dispense about 2 gallons of water from the dispenser. This will help to purge any air or debris from the unit's water line system. If the ice maker is being used for the first time, it is recommended to dispose the first 2 full bins of ice.
Particles in ice can be caused by the mineral components of the water, which accumulates in the ice tray. In this case, a water purifying system may be required. Particles in ice can also be caused by debris in the ice bin. Periodic cleaning of the ice tray and bin will prevent debris from accumulating. The filter should be also be changed every 4-6 months.
Replace using only LG Brand filters that are not expired. Avoid using Non-LG Brand Water filter and Using a water filter for more than recommended period (6 months)
Use of consumable products that are NOT Authorized by LG is not covered under Warranty
LG recommends replacing the water filter every six months. If you have been using the filter for more than 6 months issues caused by this are not covered under Warranty
If you notice white particles floating in your beverage as your ice begins to melt, this may be calcium carbonate.Calcium carbonate is a natural mineral present in many sources of water but not usually visible in tap water, since it normally dissolves.
- As water freezes, the dissolved minerals solidify into tiny particles.
- These particles can appear when the ice begins to melt.
- White particles are more likely to occur if the water being supplied to your home is hard or well water.
- If you remain concerned about the quality of your water, an inexpensive water quality test can be purchased at your local home improvement store.
- You can also request a water quality test report from your local utility company.
To learn more about your appliance or any LG product, be sure to visit our YouTube channel.