Replace using only LG Brand filters that are not expired. Avoid using Non-LG Brand Water filter and Using a water filter for more than recommended period (6 months). Use of consumable products that are NOT Authorized by LG is not covered under Warranty. LG recommends replacing the water filter every six months. If you have been using the filter for more than 6 months issues caused by this are not covered under Warranty.
In this video we will show you how to properly install a fresh water filter in your new LG four-door French door refrigerator. To maintain the quality you and your family have come to enjoy.
Note, only LG brand water filters may be used which can be purchased at any local home improvement store that sells LG appliances.
Your water filter indicator light on the control panel of your 4 door French door refrigerator will notify you when it's time to change the water filter.
- Let's first start by turning the water valve OFF that connects to the refrigerator water line.
- Dispense any remaining water left in the water line. Lay a dry towel on a floor.
- Open the left side of the refrigerator door and remove the bottom door bin.
- Grab each end with both hands and lift up and out to remove the door bin.
- You'll then notice the water filter housing.
- Swing the old filter out slightly and grab the bottom of the old filter and turn counterclockwise until it releases.
- The model number posted here toward the top should be written down. This will be necessary when purchasing your part online or at your local home improvement store.
- Be sure to clean up any spill during this process using a soft dry towel.
- Once a new filter has been acquired, remove it from the packaging and make sure to take the cap cover off.
- Once the cap cover has been removed, place a new water filter in the water filter mount and turn the filter clockwise until it is fully locked in place.
- Then swing the new filter back into the filter housing and slide your door bin back into place.
- Be sure to push down on your door bin until it is fully seated on the mount supports.
- Once installed, turn the water valve ON. That connects your refrigerator water line.
This spends about 2 and 1/2 gallons of water in 30 second intervals to purge and prime the new water filter with the water system. Lastly, reset the water filter indicator light by holding down the button next to it for about 3 seconds. Your indicator light will switch off.
Letting you know that you have approximately another 6 months until your next replacement. The lifetime of the new water filter may vary due to your city's water quality, your water use habits, in your personal tastes. With proper maintenance your LG 4 door French door refrigerator will dispense great tasting water for years to come.